Chapter 11: Using the QuickDog "Builder" Feature - Building Your Own Handicapping Method
Builder - Definition - the process of creating "Columns", and using those "Columns" to produce a Handicapping Method. A "Column" is one or more "steps" which involve using handicapping data along with calculations in order to produce a "score" for each dog in a race. A column may include 1 step, or up to 100 steps. After the user creates several "Columns", up to 8 of these "Columns" may then be used together to form a "Handicapping Method". This Method can then be BACKTESTed and SUPERTUNEd just like the other 5 Handicapping Methods of QuickDog.
The "Builder" is accessed from the Menu Bar while the user is viewing a Handicapped Race such as shown below in Fig. 1.
Figure 1 - The "Builder" Menu Bar Selections
The Builder System includes these five features:
1) HELP - Displays the Help Text file for Building Methods
2) Column Builder - (Click Here)
3) Method Builder - (Click Here)
4) Delete Columns (which brings up the Windows File system so that you can point and click and delete columns files.
5) Delete Methods (which brings up the Windows File system so that you can point and click and delete methods).
To learn about each of these, simply click on it's link above.
As always we invite your questions and comments via email - email@example.com
Copyright 2002 JONSOG associates, Inc. PO Box 911, Lyle, WA 98635 Last Updated on - 05/10/2003